Full Stack Developer
Full Stack Developer
We are seeking a Full Stack Java Developer to take ownership of projects and drive them from start to finish. We are looking for a candidate who is ready to take on new challenges, has a passion for coding, a desire for both teaching and learning, and who gets excited about developing robust web-based applications optimized for speed and scale. We employ the latest Agile software development practices and believe that quality people, practices and code are the foundations of success.
Why Work with Us:
1.) Excellent location in Long Island, NY
2.) Challenging work assignments alongside some of the greatest minds in Computer Science
3.) Exceptional learning opportunities
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Learn and work with the entire tech stack
- Oversee and participate in the development, release, and maintenance of Web-based software applications
- Evaluate and identify appropriate platforms (web application frameworks and the deployment stack) for delivering the company’s products and services
- Evolve existing applications as needed
- Work together with Senior Management to plan and execute projects
- Coach and motivate team members to achieve optimum performance levels
- Quickly take ownership of projects
Technical Qualifications and Experience:
- BS Computer Science or related field
- 4+ years of professional experience writing production code
- Strong professional experience coding with Java or other OOP languages
- Strong understanding of relational databases (MSSQL, MySQL)
- Familiar with RESTful web service framework
- Experience with testing (unit, integration, regression and performance)
- Sensitivity to design and user experience
- Self motivated, team player
- Organized, strong communication skills
- You adapt quickly, and are comfortable not always having a long runway; priorities here change rapidly
- You are curious and a life-long learner; we value individuals who can not only provide first-class solutions, but can also ask the right questions
- You enjoy working on a small team, and the challenge of juggling responsibilities so that above all else, deadlines are met
- You love to solve problems by creating software that scales
- Competitive salary
- Generous paid time off, company paid medical, dental and life insurance, tuition reimbursement, 401k plan
- Tremendous opportunity for learning, growth, and advancement
- Supportive, flexible work environment with a focus on work-life balance, trust and personal responsibility
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees.
XSB is an Equal Opportunity Employer; we provide equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. XSB maintains a drug-free workplace and retains the right to perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks.
If you are interested in learning more or applying for a position with XSB, please send your resume along with cover letter and salary requirements via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants will be required to demonstrate applications they have developed and will be tested on their technical skill set as a part of the interview process.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer and must be able to pass a background screening/security investigation for a position of public trust.
Disclaimer: The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. XSB is an Equal Opportunity Employer; we provide equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. XSB maintains a drug-free workplace and retains the right to perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks.